Health Benefits of Ginger & Free Kindle Download
Ginger has many health benefits. Everyone who has been pregnant has heard to drink Ginger-ale or eat ginger cookies to help with morning sickness, but there are lots more health benefits!
- Ovarian Cancer Treatment – A University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center study found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells
- Colon Cancer Prevention – A University of Minnesota study found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Motion Sickness Remedy – Just like with pregnancy nausea, it can be an effective remedy for motion sickness nausea.
- Heartburn Relief – It can also be used to settle stomachs by drinking in the form of tea.
- Stomach Flu & Food Poisoning Treatment – Ginger has positive effects on the digestive tract, so it helps with stomach flu and food poisoning.
- Pain, Inflammation, & Migraine Relief – Due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels, it may give relief from migraines, and act as an anti-inflammatory and a natural painkiller.
- Reduces Menstrual Cramps – In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
- Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy – A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
What an amazing food! If you are interested in using Ginger in recipes, Amazon is offering a free download of Easy Ginger Recipes: Nature’s Spice for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (The Easy Recipe) for Kindle.
Posted on March 27, 2013, in Important Information and tagged Diabetic Nephropathy, Ginger, Kindle, Morning sickness, Motion sickness. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment