Health Benefits of Ginger & Free Kindle Download
Ginger has many health benefits. Everyone who has been pregnant has heard to drink Ginger-ale or eat ginger cookies to help with morning sickness, but there are lots more health benefits!
- Ovarian Cancer Treatment – A University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center study found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells
- Colon Cancer Prevention – A University of Minnesota study found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Motion Sickness Remedy – Just like with pregnancy nausea, it can be an effective remedy for motion sickness nausea.
- Heartburn Relief – It can also be used to settle stomachs by drinking in the form of tea.
- Stomach Flu & Food Poisoning Treatment – Ginger has positive effects on the digestive tract, so it helps with stomach flu and food poisoning.
- Pain, Inflammation, & Migraine Relief – Due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels, it may give relief from migraines, and act as an anti-inflammatory and a natural painkiller.
- Reduces Menstrual Cramps – In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
- Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy – A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
What an amazing food! If you are interested in using Ginger in recipes, Amazon is offering a free download of Easy Ginger Recipes: Nature’s Spice for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (The Easy Recipe) for Kindle.