Make Your Own Rice Milk
Here is a way to make your own rice milk or milk alternative.
- 1 c cooked rice (use brown organic for a more nutritious option)
- 4 c water (filtered, if possible)
- dash of salt (RealSalt is recommended)
- 1 Tbs sweetener to taste (optional)
- Additional flavoring (vanilla for vanilla flavored milk)
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend for four minutes in a regular blender, or two minutes in a high speed Vitamix blender
- Filter with cheese cloth to get the grains of rice out
Posted on March 18, 2013, in Food Allergies and tagged Allergy friendly recipe, milk, Rice, Rice milk. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
So easy! I’ve been doing this with all sorts of ingredients – soaked cashews/brazil nuts/sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds and hemp and flax seeds. So much fun to whirl it up in the morning for fresh milk with no added preservatives!
Check the world “sale” – I think you meant “salt” 🙂
I want to try almond milk next. Have you made that?
No, as my son is allergic, but it’s super easy. Soak 1/2c raw almonds overnight in 2 c water add dates or maple syrup to sweeten, blend. Voila!