Food Allergy Awareness Week
Mark your calendars – Food Allergy Awareness week is May 12-18, 2013
In 1998, the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network, now FARE, created Food Allergy Awareness Week to educate others about food allergies, a potentially life-threatening medical condition. The free resources on their page are available to help you educate others, get involved, and increase awareness of food allergies. Some of the things you will find on the page is…
- Making a presentation to educate others about food allergies (elementary school, teen, and corporate)
- Ways to help schools and organizations participate in Food Allergy Awareness Week
- My favorite – give out PAL™ Hero awards to those who help manage food allergies. Present them to schools, organizations, kids, even parents.
- Downloadable posters and brochures to hang and pass out at your local grocery store, library, and other places around town.
- Complete Alexander the Elephant and friends coloring page. Copy it and use it as a handout when educating school-age children
LOTS more. Check it out!
Posted on March 9, 2013, in Food Allergies, Food Allergy Awareness and tagged allergies, allergy, food allergy, Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Thank you for posting this. I have several friends with severe food allergies and medical conditions which require careful food preparation.