Is it worth dying?
People say that knowledge is power. When it comes to my allergic daughter I couldn’t agree more. The more I know about what is safe and not safe, the better I am at protecting her.
What if you get conflicting information or just aren’t sure about a product? What if the ingredients label is missing? What if the item is home-made? The best advice I have gotten and can give is to just avoid the food/product. Do not use the try it and see method. It can result in a very bad reaction, including anaphylaxis. So if I am ever doubting if something is safe or not, I always think… is it really worth letting her have a reaction, having to use her Epipen, having to call 911, and possibly dying? Is allowing her to eat this food really worth her dying? Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn’t it?
Posted on February 12, 2013, in Food Allergies, Trials & Tribulations of Food Allergies and tagged allergy, egg, Epipen, food allergy, milk, peanut, Peanuts, shellfish. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Agreed! We take the same approach.